They say variety is the spice of life—but it can also become a source of conflict when two differing minds must come to an agreement. When you and your clients or colleagues aren’t seeing eye-to-eye, do you know how to engage their trust in your expertise? By understanding how people make decisions and what causes them to act, you can more effectively connect with them. When your audience believes that you can help them achieve their goals, they will more quickly accept your ideas.
This dynamic program draws on the latest psychological research to illustrate how you can influence people to see things your way without resorting to manipulation. Best of all, by attending this session you will walk away with practical ideas you can apply right away.
Attendees Will Discover How To:
- Identify the three kinds of decision-makers and how to win over each type
- Utilize the Three P’s of persuasion to garner acceptance of new policies and care needs
- Identify body language and non-verbals in your audience to understand how they are relating to you, and identify your personal strengths in producing positive responses
Instructor Qualifications: Steve Hughes is the President of Hit Your Stride, LLC, a communications consultancy that helps people look and sound smart when they talk. His seminars have been featured on NPR and BBC Radio, and he is the author of the upcoming book Better Faster Speaker (Waterfield Press). Today he works with a host of blue-chip clients including: MetLife, Boeing, Nestle Purina, American Marketing Association, and six state bar associations. Prior to launching Hit Your Stride, Steve spent 12 years in advertising and public relations—most recently he was a co-owner at a 40-person advertising agency in St. Louis. Steve holds BA in French Literature and European History from the University of Kansas and an MBA in Marketing from Washington University, where he was awarded the Olin Cup.
- This course has been approved to provide one Continuing Education Credit (CEU) to Social Workers and/or Physical Therapists in the state of Missouri
- You will need 1 hour and 13 minutes to complete this training
- Progress cannot be saved; you will need to complete the training in one sitting
- You will be tested after completing the training session
The following are the test questions you will be asked at the end of the training. You will need to answer all questions in order to be awarded CEU credit.
- We effect change by understanding how people process __________.
- Socrates said: “Ask questions, __________ carefully, observe intently.”
- The 5 kinds of individual decision makers are the __________, the __________, the __________, the __________, and the __________.
- The 3 kinds of Audiences are __________, __________, and __________.
- The 5 Ps of Persuasion are __________, __________, __________, __________, and __________. Bonus: Problem/Plan.
- When you can recognize your problem, admit responsibility, demonstrate that you’re proactive and have a plan to overcome it, you increase how people see you as __________, __________, and __________.