Not Sure What Type of Eldercare is Appropriate?
When faced with major changes in ability, health or mental status, making the right decision for eldercare can be confusing and complicated. An experienced, professional eldercare manager is invaluable for those who need assistance with determining appropriate choices for living arrangements, or access to a variety of available resources.
Continuum’s Experienced and Professional Eldercare Managers Make a Difference
Eldercare services can involve some or all of the following:
- Regular client visits to monitor physical condition and encourage compliance with prescribed therapy
- Working and coordinating with physicians on appropriate care and medication
- Coordination of services inside or outside of the home
- Providing assessments and ongoing counseling
- Updating family members and professionals on the plan of care
- Ensuring that there is an adequate stock of food, medications and medical supplies in the home
- Serving as a contact person for physicians, EMS and emergency room staff in the case of a medical emergency
Coordinated Care Makes a Difference
From social workers to home care aides to physicians, Continuum coordinates communication with a person’s entire spectrum of care providers to ensure seamless care and optimal health and safety.
Our social workers and nurses meet with the client, family, and other advisors to create and implement a workable plan of care based on individual goals, needs and preferences for in-home services, medical advocacy, and living arrangements, adapting this plan with those concerned as care needs change.
In the absence of a family member, Continuum is available to act as a surrogate and advocate for the client far beyond eldercare choices. When extraordinary circumstances create a greater need, Continuum is available with experienced professionals to help.
Please call (314) 863-9912 or (636) 861-3336, or contact us to find out more about Continuum’s home care services in St. Louis and St. Charles Counties or to arrange for a FREE in-home consultation.